Make pregnancy an even more rewarding and safer journey by knowing certain important rules at home and in the garden. For a start, keep reading for expert tips on how to create a clean and safe house, a pest-free home and weed-free garden. Also, find out how to make a stress-free home environment in the later section of this article.
Clean and safe house
There are certain ways on how to keep your home clean and safe for pregnant women like you. Some of these are below.
Making a non-toxic home
First, you can make a less toxic home by applying certain changes. For one, you can switch out toxic cleaning products for non-toxic varieties that also have great scents and effective cleaning properties.
In addition, you can choose non-toxic skincare and soaps if you want a non-toxic lifestyle. Select completely organic, gluten-free and non-GMO skincare products.
More so, you can get rid of plastic for water bottles and switch to glass. After all, plastic also leaks if it is not BPA-free and leach chemicals in food and water. In all cases, glass is better than plastic.
Maintaining a pest-free home
Aside from creating a non-toxic home, you should also ensure of a pest-free one. For example, you should store bricks, stones, firewood and lumber away from your home, or else these items will become food and hiding places for pests, such as cockroach.
Keeping your trash bins closed at all times is also a great way to keep pests, such as vermin and bugs, away.
Also, check for openings, cracks and holes and seal them to keep bugs out of sight. Aside from it, you should always trim the bushes and trees on a regular basis to prevent rodents and ants from entering your space.
If pests are already infesting your home, consult pest control services for a suitable and safe action plan. The experts can address pest problems in an efficient and effective way that can get rid of bugs and pest.
Ensuring the garden is free from dangerous plants and weeds
Another important tip for creating a safe space for you is to ensure your garden has no dangerous plants and weeds. Consult weed control services that can identify and eradicate them in your garden. A few to weed out of your garden include
- Devil’s weed
- Poison hemlock
- Poodle-dog bush
Maintaining a good physical health is integral in pregnancy. Check out the following for some tips on how to include exercise and have a healthy diet for pregnant women.
Eating well tips
In general, you should eat a balanced diet composed of fruits, lean meats, whole grain breads, vegetables and low-dairy products. But for more diet tips, keep reading in the following section.
- Eat breakfast. Have a nutrient-dense breakfast for you and your baby’s health. You can have fortified cereals or cooked breakfast cereals. You can also have whole-wheat toast if you’re feeling sick.
- Take prenatal supplements including folic acid and iron. Before starting with a prenatal supplement, you should consult your doctor about it.
- Go for healthy snacks. You can opt for whole grain crackers and low fat cheese.
- Add fiber in your diet. Include a wide range of fruits and vegetables, such as cooked greens, carrots, melon, beans and bananas in your daily meal planning.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
By having a healthy and balanced diet, you can get essential nutrients that you and the baby inside your womb need for complete nourishment.
Exercise tips for pregnant women
It is important to have regular exercise for pregnant women for benefits like reducing backache, gaining only the right amount of weight, reducing risk of gestational diabetes and preventing bloating and leg cramps.
Before starting with an exercise regimen, you should consult your healthcare provider for safety. And if you have anemia or high blood pressure, ask him or her about a safe activity level or type.
At the very least, you need almost the same level of exercise or physical activity as before you got pregnant.
You should have at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise or activity regularly because it can increase breathing and heart rate as well as use large muscle groups. Each activity should last at least 10 minutes and be only at a moderate intensity level.
- You should make a plan to be active while pregnant. Write down some activities including taking a prenatal yoga class.
- Go for a walk in your yard or around the block.
- Walking in place can also help. Do it during TV commercial breaks.
- If sitting on a chair for the most part of the day, you should get up and walk every hour.
Taking care of your mental health is as important as eating healthy food and exercising. Check out the following to create a stress-free environment for improved mental health.
- Organize and de-clutter. Clear out everything that you don’t need, including clothes and makeup. Be ready to put those unnecessary items in the dispose pile.
- Use natural lighting and fresh air, and let them fill your house. Open the windows and curtains in the morning.
- Create a space of peace. If you want to create a stress-free environment, you should find a home spot that you can go to unwind and read a book, and make you feel comfortable and at ease, too. The same applies especially if your home environment induces stress.
- Use calming colors! Have your room painted with nice tones that can calm your mind. Examples include pinks, blues and greens. And to help balance the energy for each room, you might want to stick with colors that have grey undertones.
There you have the vital safety rules for pregnant women you might want to apply yourself to maintain a stress-free home environment that is vital for your mental health. It is also essential to keep home pest-free with help from pest control services and your garden free from dangerous plants and weeds with pro weed control help.
Take note of these things and have a healthier, safer pregnancy.